Today's lineup: Alex Presley LF, Neil Walker 2B, Andrew McCutchen CF, Casey McGehee 1B, Garrett Jones RF, Rod Barajas C, Pedro Alvarez 3B, Josh Harrison SS, James McDonald P.
We're don't think Clint Hurdle should be hitting the panic button after six games, but by the lineup, it sure looks like he may be reaching for it.
- The Pirates went 2-1 at AT&T Park last season. Since 2004, the Bucs have a 15-10 record in San Francisco.
- Freddy Sanchez is on the 15 day DL, still recovering from last season's June shoulder surgery.
- Andrew McCutchen, Alex Presley and Casey McGehee have 21 of the Pirates' 38 hits. The trio is hitting .368 (21-for-57). The rest of the team is batting .127 (17-for-134).
- The Pirates struck out 27 times while drawing just 2 walks against the Dodgers. Teams are really going after the Pirate hitters, as they should: the club is hitting just .110 when behind in the count.
- The Giants aren't the only club celebrating its home opener today. There are seven other teams - the Braves, Mariners, Red Sox, Royals, White Sox, Yankees and Cardinals - that are getting their first taste of home cookin' today.
- Speaking of home openers, the West Virginia Power had theirs last night and treated the fans to a 5-1 win over Greenville. Indy has its home opener tonight versus Toledo with Brad Lincoln on the hill.